Sunday, January 8, 2012

Life Lately // Summer Dreaming



I took these photos while taking Hershey for a walk around the vineyard that backs on to the holiday house I stayed at for the last couple of weeks. I love Cromwell so much!


I spent my holiday playing fetch the stick with the dog at the lake, stuffing my face with the best cream donuts around from the local bakery and cooling down with (at least 3) Real fruit ice creams from the orchard down the road.


I went on a day trip to Queenstown for some retail therapy and scoped out the cupcake shop Cup & Cake which took a bit to find (hidden down a sneaky alley) but was worth it when I got there! I drove back to Alexandra and wandered around the shops. I found a cute little gift shop in Bannockburn with vintage glassware and gorgeous new serving plates and platters (I somehow stopped myself spending money there!) and found another in Clyde with so many cupcake and baking gifts I was in heaven!


Dinner was a BBQ every night, usually at around 9pm once the boys were home from golf. I love Summer evenings down south where it’s light until 10pm and the sunsets are so pretty and drawn out.


Now it’s back to reality! I have to make the cake topper for my friend’s wedding cake, work for 3 days and then I’m off to Dunedin on Wednesday night. On Thursday I’ll be road-tripping to Christchurch with my Mum, my friend Laura and her Mum for my friend’s wedding! Both of our Mums are going up just to see the ceremony and I suppose to see their daughters walk down the aisle as bridesmaids!


I'll try have some photos up from New Years soon. The hens night was so fun! Keep an eye on my instagram feed (my username is sparkleylining) and I’ll try and post some photos of the trip and wedding! I’ll be taking my camera too so hopefully I’ll be able to do a wedding post sometime next week. I hope you’ve all enjoyed your Summer or Christmas break!!


4 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos - I would love to spend more time in that part of the country, so beautiful!!

    We just had a quiet break in Wellington, with lots of sewing for me:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cromwell, we used to have a holiday house there then my parents even lived there for a few years before moving to Auckland! Excite your coming to chch! Im sure you wont have time for a coffee but let me know if you do xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It looks so hot and dry there, I'm totally envious. Up in Auckland we have had rain for a month now and it's not supposed to stop until March! Where's our summer?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning photographs, i wish i was there!

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete